Sunday, January 13, 2013

Review of Wonderful Chinese

I did eat at Wonderful Chinese in Elk Grove last Friday and the food and service were good.  We were seated right away in a booth.  We had the dinner specials which allow you to chose an entree and receive won ton soup, egg rolls, fried won tons and steamed or fried rice.  We chose Szechuan Chicken, and Beef and Broccoli as the entrees.  I thought the Beef and Broccoli had an aroma not too pleasing.  I was told it was the Oyster Sauce.  I didn't like it but others in my party did like it.  I loved the Szechuan Chicken, except I am not a fan of mushrooms.  I will go back - we always do - and tell them to hold the shrooms.

While we were there I noticed that the two businesses next door in the strip mall were closing.  One is a small Japanese convenience store called Koryu Mart that I always wondered how it stayed in business.  Everytime I went next door to eat the place looked empty.  Next to that is the Hallmark store.  That is closing and many things inside are 60% off.  I guess when your house is in foreclosure you just aren't interested in buying the small knick-knacks for your house this store sold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment