Monday, January 28, 2013

Roma II Pizzeria: Pizza - It's What's For Dinner!

So due to complaints last Friday that the South Sac crew was not in fact going to eat in South Sac, but in Elk Grove, we relented to the immense pressure and went to a South Sac icon: Romas.  Roma II Pizzeria, located at 8491 Folsom Blvd Sacramento, has many loyal and dedicated customers, as you can tell from the yelp reviews.  It's in a strip mall as you drive on Folsom from Power Inn/Howe towards Watt. 

Romas is a traditional "old school" Italian pizzeria featuring different pastas, salads, subs, and of course, pizza!  Everytime I make up my mind to go there, I say to myself that I will order one of the pasta dishes, because I have seen other people eating them and they look sooo good.  However once inside, I can't resist, and get a pizza. 

We got there early Friday evening and the place was packed.  Still we only had to wait about 5-10 minutes and were seated in a booth.  I had the supreme pizza and the house salad, and while I was there I was able to steal one of Roma's meatballs from a crew member's plate. 

A pizza here is completely different from a Pizza Hut pan pizza - which to me tastes like the pan pizza at BJ's  Both of those are delicious, but a Roma's pizza is old school.  I find the crust to be more thick than thin.  It is filling.  I pride myself on having the ability to eat 3/4 of a large pizza at one sitting, but a few slices of a Roma's pizza will start getting you full.  After my salad, I was only able to throw down three slices.   By the way, the house salad was a simple tossed garden salad, but the addition of thin sliced salami makes me order it everytime I return.  

The meatball side dish one of the crew ordered was cooked in Roma's thick tomato marinara sauce.  The meatball I had was huge, moist and had that bread crumb taste that good meatballs have.  That's why next time I have decided that I will definitely order one of the pasta dishes and I shall report again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment